Being a small studio with big ambitions to deliver experiences often crafted by bigger teams requires innovative technology solutions. A central focus of the tech team at Fast Travel Games is crafting solutions allowing us to push our games further. We’re looking for a senior engineer that is passionate about high performing solutions and overcoming tech constraints to enable us to create magic. We believe you have shipped multiple cross platform games and is comfortable with using profiling tools and thrive in smaller teams where you get to have a big impact.
Your role at Fast Travel Games
If you want to create technology and games that shape the future of XR then this is the right job for you. You will work closely with game designers and artists and fellow engineers to create technology and systems powering our games to make them feel rich and meaningful and look stunning starting on mobile devices scaling up to PC. As part of a small studio you will not only enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise, you will also play a significant role in shaping and building the studio culture.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Design, implement, and test engine and game features
● Create, and execute on optimization plans
● Take an active part in game creation
● Maintain and optimize new and existing engine and game features
● Deliver high quality, high performing and well-structured code
● Identify features and gaps in FTG technology stack and work with the team on bringing
desired features into the technology stack.
● Share knowledge and help colleagues
● Passion for VR
● Excellent C++ knowledge
● Experience with game engines such as Unreal, Frostbite, or Unity
● Professional experience from engine or game development
● Professional cross platform experience (e.g. Android, iOS, Console, PC development)
● Relevant experience in multiple game development fields (Graphics, animation, sound,
gameplay, AI, Tools, etc)
● High sense of quality and polish
● Capable of taking a technical responsibility for a product or project
● Experience from high end mobile development
● Experience from Unreal Engine 4
Life at Fast Travel Games
We believe that great things happen when working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to finished result. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. We believe that what you do at your spare time is yours, including game related side projects.
That’s how we stay creative.