Build Engineer/IT Administrator
Being a small studio with big ambitions to deliver experiences feeling like they are crafted by bigger teams requires innovative technology solutions. An important success factor is a well working build and automation infrastructure allowing us to push our games further by automating repetitive work. We’re looking for a Build Engineer with IT Administrator Skills to own, improve, and maintain our build and automation infrastructure which is built on components such as Linux, TeamCity, Python, Perforce, Windows and Unreal Engine.
We believe you share our passion for automation and enjoy working on a wide range of projects; from configuring build jobs to implementing scripts and tools using languages such as Python or C#. You also take pleasure in hosting the services at various cloud providers and don’t mind helping colleagues with IT related questions and equipment. You thrive in smaller teams where you get to have a big impact on the entire production environment.
Your role at Fast Travel Games:
If you want to be part of creating technology and games that shape the future of XR then this is the right job for you. You will work closely with game teams to create technology and systems powering the Fast Travel Games production pipeline. As part of a small studio you will not only enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise, you will also play a significant role in shaping and building the studio culture.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the studio TeamCity server and agents
- Implement various build jobs and automation scripts/tools/tests
- Manage the studio source control solutions
- Manage the studio cloud hosted solutions such as analytics and game hosting
- Manage the studio licenses and accounts
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
- Excellent Python or similar language knowledge
- Professional experience working with CICD solutions such as TeamCity
- Professional experience from Linux administration
- Professional experience from Windows administration
- High sense of quality
- Experience from managing cloud providers such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience from Perforce management
- Experience from Network administration
Life at Fast Travel Games:
We believe that great things happen when working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to finished result. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. We believe that what you do in your spare time is yours, including game related side projects. That's how we stay creative.
Looking forward to your application on firstname.lastname@example.org!